Seattle Puppy Dog Training Classes – For Puppies Under 17 Weeks Of Age – Puppy Kindergarten, Play, Manners, Obedience and Socialization Class
Service Dog Academy closed its West Seattle storefront and training studio on December 31st so that we may focus on providing trained medical alert dogs to those in need. If you would like to receive exceptionally high quality, educated and excellent training for your brand new pup, we recommend the Seattle Humane Societies puppy classes. Plus, your money goes to support the Seattle Humane Societies rescue program.
Facebook Review Student Testimonial: My Golden Retriever puppy… loves the small classes with hands on attention to each dog.
The Service Dog Academy is proud to offer dog training classes for our Seattle neighbors through our brand new training studio located just minutes from Beacon Hill, White Center, Sodo, Normandy Park and Downtown Seattle!
Think your young puppy is too young to go to our Seattle puppy training classes? Think again! Dogs as young as 7 weeks of age can go to puppy classes as long as they have had their first round of puppy vaccines! Your vet say otherwise? See what the American Society of Veterinary and Animal Behavior, has to say. Additionally several of the top Veterinary Schools in the country, Minnesota and Purdue recommend puppy classes for young pups.
This Seattle puppy kindergarten class will focus on:
- puppy socialization with other dogs thru off leash play
- explanation of puppy developmental stages
- basic puppy obedience – come, sit, stay, down, leave it
- loose leash walking
- good puppy polite greetings – anti-licking, jumping, ignoring other dogs, shy and scared puppies
- puppy handling – such as bathing, clipping nails, brushing teeth, brushing coat
- bad puppy behavior – solving puppy behavioral problems such as whining, chewing, digging, barking
- impulse control – yes, a dog under 5 months is capable of more than you can imagine!
- Bonus: puppy dog training with basic service dog training techniques for the best behaved puppy in town!
[message type=”success”]Service Dog Academy was recognized two years in a row by the 6000+ member national pet dog trainer organization The Association of Pet Dog Trainers for their innovative training methods.[/message]
Puppy Class details are as follows:
- 4 weeks in length – (to help make sure you have time for the classes we have concentrated the 6 week curriculum into 4 week classes and have expanded the time you are there from 1 hour to 1.25 hours)
- for puppies UNDER 17 weeks of age at the start of the class
- meets once a week with many start dates to choose from!
- meet for 1.25 hours per week of instructional time
- meet at our brand new training studio in beautiful West Seattle!
- will have no more than 6 students (puppies) per session to ensure more individualized instruction
- all training to be done using only methods approved by the AHA
- is only $155!
- requires basic supplies found on our class supplies page.
- by enrolling in classes you are agreeing to our class terms and conditions
What are dog training classes like at The Service Dog Academy?
Google Review Student Testimonial: The knowledge and skill shared at Service Dog Academy is priceless.
Add your class to your Google Calendar by visiting our Google Calendar page!
[message type=”erroneous”]IF WITHIN THE LAST MONTH, YOUR DOG HAS HAD A DIAGNOSIS OF WORMS, GIARDIA OR COCCIDIA, TWO NEGATIVE FECAL EXAMS ARE REQUIRED BEFORE STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED TO ATTEND CLASSES.[/message]
[message type=”erroneous”]* This class is not intended for service dog or therapy dog certification by the Service Dog Academy. This class is mostly for pet dogs but is a perfect intro into the training methods we use for service and therapy dogs.[/message]