9 Week Online Medical Alert Dog Class
The Service Dog Academy is excited announce an opportunity for those in need of a medical alert service dog for diabetes, migraines, seizures, narcolepsy, A-Fib atrial fibrillation, POTS postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, dysautonomia and Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis (hypoKPP), Hyperkalemic Periodic Paralysis (hyperKPP), Incontinence and medical episodes caused by Craniocervical Instability and Chiari Malformation.
Since we have students across the United States, Canada and Mexico who could not make our traditional 9 week diabetic alert classes because of distance, The Service Dog Academy is offering a live 9 week online training course over Zoom.
This class will cover the following topics:
- Alert to low blood sugars (or your medical condition) in your home
- Retrieve sugary drinks to correct blood sugar imbalances
- Retrieve your meter, insulin or abortive medication
- Dial 911 on a dog phone
- Go get human help
- For puppies over 8 weeks of age weeks of age
- Class fee is $1375 per alert dog team (a non-refundable 3% card processing fee of $41.25 is added to the price of this class if you chose to pay by credit or debit card)
- There will be a 8 student cap to ensure more student to teacher attention
- All training is done using only methods approved by the AHA (American Humane Association)
- You will have 1.5 to 2 hours of live instruction per week. The live instruction will be recorded for you to watch at a later date in case you miss the live session. Live sessions cannot be made up.
- Class registration includes a search for a positive reinforcement trainer in your area to continue service dog related access training.
- You will be required to do at least 20 minutes of homework every day for for the rest of your life to keep up the training!
- You will be required to document your training after the class ends so that we can make sure the skills taught in class are being practiced.
- This program does not guarantee a 100% success rate. Anyone who does is LYING to you.
- Success depends on a combination of your training skills, your dogs training skills, your ability to follow through with the program, your dogs bond with you, your dogs innate personality, etc.
- Class registrations will not be considered unless we also receive a signed Class Terms and Conditions contract.
- If you want to pay by check, please mail it along with the Class Terms and Conditions contract to Service Dog Academy, 1632 Lakeview Dr. Waterloo, IL 62298. Please put some form of tracking on the envelope with your payment and signed contract otherwise we cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
- If you want to pay using a credit or debit card, you will need to fill out the Class Terms and Conditions contract AND the credit card authorization form to Service Dog Academy, 1632 Lakeview Dr. Waterloo, IL 62298. Please put some form of tracking on the envelope with your payment and signed contract otherwise we cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Due to increasing credit card processing fees by processing companies, a non-refundable 3% card processing fee of $41.25 is added to the price of this class if you chose to pay by credit or debit card.
- We have recently started accepting Zelle as a payment method. Please DO NOT pay by Zelle until we have had a phone conversation with you about you and your dog. All students must be screened before they can enroll in the class. We want to make sure you and your dog will be successful before we receive your funds.
- Paying for our class from outside of the United States and Canada will require a direct wire transfer from you to our bank account. We do not accept PayPal or any other type of payment.
- Meets online over Zoom allowing for individualized instruction and observation of you and your dog by Mary McNeight. Want to see what a class looks like, see our Week 1 Sample Video here.
- Class meets once a week for 9 weeks. The next class will start Monday October 24th 2022 at 7:00 PM CST. Please be advised, we may have to move the class out a week at ANY point so that we may breed our dog. We have no control over when Mother Nature chooses to visit out household!
- This class is not intended for service dog or therapy dog certification by the Service Dog Academy. If you want to know why, please watch our video on certification scams.