Frequently Asked Questions
How many puppies are available?
- It is possible there could be up to 10 puppies.
How big will the puppies be?
- They will be between 40 and 65 lbs.
Will the puppies need additional training?
- Yes, yes and yes. You will need to take puppy kindergarten classes, basic obedience classes, public access classes and a task training class specific to your disability. This is in no way a finished dog. Its a puppy who has been given a very solid foundation for service work. You need to do the rest of the job and I can help you through it if you enroll in one of my classes, take one of my video courses or meet me online for personal SKYPE appointments.
When and where can I pick up my puppy?
- In Waterloo Illinois. The expected going home date for the Riva litter is February 2023
Can you deliver my puppy to me?
Can I choose the sex of my puppy?
- No. We want to make sure your dog matches your household. Your dog will be chosen for you based on its temperament.
I dont want a service dog. Can I get one of your puppies as a pet dog?
- Absolutely. But service dog students will take priority over you. We are saving lives here!
Are the puppies you are selling for pet dogs defective? Why wont all the dogs be able to be service dogs?
- We are selling some of the puppies as pet dogs because we know some of the puppies will not be cut out for service work. What does that mean you ask? It means that the puppy may not be as food motivated as one of the other pups or may not be as excited by novel stimuli as the others. It doesn’t mean the pet dog candidates wont make excellent pet dogs, it just may they may not cut it in the job equivalent of the neurosurgeons of the dog world.
Are the puppies labeled as pet dogs raised differently?
- No. They will be raised and trained exactly like the service dog candidates.
Can I only train my puppy for diabetic alert?
- These puppies will be suitable for any type of service work, including but not limited to narcolepsy alert, migraine alert, afib alert, seizure alert and mobility.
How many puppies are available for service dog homes?
- There are only 5 puppies available for service homes. Remember, all the previous dogs the male sired for the other service dog group went into service work so if you get a dog labeled as a “pet” choice, it doesnt mean it cant be a service dog!