We are a real dog training school. We have rules, a chalkboard and actual homework!
Service Dog Academy Class Enrollment Policy.
By completing your enrollment, you are agreeing to this policy’s terms and will be held to the terms and conditions in this form.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first served basis and full payment is required at time of registration to reserve a space in class. Please read our cancellation, attendance, behavior and refund policies before enrolling.
Physical punishment and or the use of dominance methodology is not allowed in or out of the classroom environment.
Dog Health Requirements
Please make sure your dog has been examined by your veterinarian for general health, is free of external and internal parasites, and has had all vaccinations as recommended by your veterinarian. If your dog will be performing physical tasks for you please make sure your dog has been throughly examined by your veterinarian and can perform these tasks without physical harm to the dog.
Because we are dealing with people’s livelihood through the use of a service dog in order to protect all participants in a class, we reserve the right to decline entry to any dog who presents behavior issues that may be overly dangerous or disruptive. If behavior issues are discovered during the class and the trainer determines that it is in everyone’s best interest that your dog be removed from class, you will not be provided a refund. The trainers decision is final and is not eligible for debate or reconsideration. Fair warning of this policy is written on every class description page.
If the minimum enrollment for a class is not met 3 days prior to the session, the session will be cancelled. We will notify you 3 days before the session was scheduled to begin to see if you would like to enroll in an alternative class, receive credit toward a future class, or receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be given if
- Classes are cancelled by Service Dog Academy
- There will be NO REFUNDS FOR ONLINE CLASSES
There is a $25 fee for all returned checks. If you’ve paid with a credit card and are eligible for a refund, a $25 processing fee will be deducted from the amount refunded.
If you miss a class please check your digital files to review the online version of your class. There are no refunds for missed classes.
Waiver and Release
I understand that participating in the Service Dog Academy training involves risks of personal injury and/or property damage to myself, to my dog, to members of my family and to accompanying friends. I assume all risks associated with participating in this training. I agree to comply with the instructions, rules and decisions of the Instructor(s) as it relates to myself or to my dog’s ability to safely complete the training. I certify that my dog is current on all vaccinations, is parasite free and is able to perform disability mitigating tasks without physical harm to the dog. Additionally I certify that my dog is temperamentally sound for the rigors of service work and will not harm anyone.
- The nature of the self training program and that I am solely responsible for the behavior of the dog I train.
- That participating in training sessions does not guarantee that my dog will be certified as a service dog nor be able to perform their trained tasks 100% of the time.
- That dogs are living breathing beings and as such may not alert to my medical condition.
- That I am 100% responsible for anything my dog does or does not do.
- That Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives responsible for the consequences of missed alerts.
- That despite the fact that my dog may alert me to my medical condition, I understand that 100% accuracy is never guaranteed and I will get a doctors permission in writing before I do something that could be considered dangerous to myself and my community (ex: driving with narcolepsy).
- That I will not use a dog to replace medical treatment prescribed by a doctor.
- That even though my dog has been trained to perform tasks for me, that if I do not keep up the training as instructed by the Service Dog Academy that my dog may revert back to an untrained state or perform tasks incorrectly.
- That my dog may be dropped from the training program if they display anxiety or aggression.
- That my dog may be dropped from the training program if the training or the use as a service dog may result in physical or mental harm to the dog.
- That a trainer’s decision to drop the dog from the program is final and is not eligible for debate or reconsideration.
- That the state and county of the purchase of any Service Dog Academy product or service is Monroe County Illinois and not the state and county I reside in.
- That if my dog is dropped from the program I am not eligible for any reimbursement for time or money.
- That dogs are living beings and as such will not act perfectly in all situations.
- That dogs are living beings and are therefore subject to outside influences that may change their behavior. This may lead to the need for additional training at any point in their service life.
- That participation in this training program does not guarantee the mental or physical health status of the service dog being trained.
- That temperament tests and evaluations does not guarantee the mental or physical health status of the dog nor its ability to function as a service dog in the future.
- That although service dog usage has been shown to improve both mental and physical health status, that participation in this training program and/or use of a service dog does not guarantee improvement in the physical or mental status of the participant.
- That physical punishment in the training of my dog will not be tolerated and I will train using only humane methods.
- That if I use physical punishment in the training of my dog, I may be dropped from the program.
In consideration of, and as inducement to the acceptance of my application for training, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives harmless of any and all claims, or claims by any member of my family, or accompanying guests of mine, injury, expense, costs or damages to myself, my dog or any handler sponsored by me, arising out of or in connection with or in any way related to training, even though the liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the individuals or entities released in this Waiver and Release.
I agree that I will defend and indemnify the Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives for any injury, expense, costs or damages to any dog handlers or dogs, whether sponsored by me or not, or to third parties arising out of my own actions or the actions of my dog.
The parties agree that any and all claims, controversies, breaches or disputes arising from or related to this agreement including those pertaining to the formation, construction, performance, applicability, interpretation or the enforceability of this agreement is subject to a requirement of Binding Arbitration. This arbitration shall take place in the county of Monroe, State of Illinois utilizing a arbitrator from the county of Monroe, State of Illinois. Both parties shall share the cost of the dispute resolution process equally although personal attorneys and witnesses or specialist are the direct responsibility of each party and their fees and expenses shall be with responsibility of the individual parties.
I agree that the risks of training have been fully explained to me, and I have been advised to consult with my veterinarian regarding the health risks involved.
I also understand that the Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight may use for publicity or promotional purposes, my name and pictures of me or of my dog without liability or obligation to me. I have read, understand and agree to the above.