CANCELLATION/NO SHOW POLICY
A credit card may be required to book an appointment. Payment is due at the end of the appointment in the form of cash, check or credit card. At least 48 hour notice is REQUIRED for all cancellations. Canceling less than 48 hours in advance will result in a non refundable $50 fee. Rescheduling appointments less than 48 hours in advance will result in a $30 fee if the rescheduled appointment is kept, otherwise you will be charged the cancellation fee of $50. All no shows will result in a non refundable $50 fee.
We understand that the health of our service dog clients is unpredictable. The cancellation and rescheduling fee will be evaluated on a case by case basis if you have to cancel due to verifiable medical problems.
I understand that participating in the Service Dog Academy training involves risks of personal injury and/or property damage to myself, to my dog, to members of my family and to accompanying friends. I assume all risks associated with participating in this training. I agree to comply with the instructions, rules and decisions of the Instructor(s) as it relates to myself or to my dog’s ability to safely complete the training. I certify that my dog is current on all vaccinations, is parasite free and is able to perform disability mitigating tasks without physical harm to the dog.
- The nature of the self training program and that I am solely responsible for the behavior of the service dog I train.
- That participating in training sessions does not guarantee that my dog will be certified as a service dog nor be able to perform their trained tasks 100% of the time.
- That even though my dog has been trained to perform tasks for me, that if I do not keep up the training as instructed by the Service Dog Academy that my dog may revert back to an untrained state or perform tasks incorrectly.
- That my dog may be dropped from the training program if they display anxiety or aggression.
- That my dog may be dropped from the training program if the training or use as a service dog may result in physical harm to the dog.
- That a trainer’s decision to drop the dog from the program is final and is not eligible for debate or reconsideration.
- That if my dog is dropped from the program due to the reasons listed above I am not eligible for any reimbursement for time or money.
- That dogs are living beings and as such will not act perfectly in all situations.
- That dogs are living beings and are therefore subject to outside influences that may change their behavior. This may lead to the need for additional training at any point in their service life.
- That participation in this training program does not guarantee the mental or physical health status of the service dog being trained.
- That although service dog usage has been shown to improve both mental and physical health status, that participation in this training program and/or use of a service dog does not guarantee improvement in the physical or mental status of the participant.
- That I will not use physical punishment in the training of my service dog and will train using only humane methods.
In consideration of, and as inducement to the acceptance of my application for training, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives harmless of any and all claims, or claims by any member of my family, or accompanying guests of mine, injury, expense, costs or damages to myself, my dog or any handler sponsored by me, arising out of or in connection with or in any way related to training, even though the liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the individuals or entities released in this Waiver and Release.
I agree that I will defend and indemnify the Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives for any injury, expense, costs or damages to any dog handlers or dogs, whether sponsored by me or not, or to third parties arising out of my own actions or the actions of my dog.
I agree that the risks of training have been fully explained to me, and I have been advised to consult with my veterinarian regarding the health risks involved.
I also understand that the Service Dog Academy, Mary McNeight may use for publicity or promotional purposes, my name and pictures of me or of my dog without liability or obligation to me. I have read, understand and agree to the above.
Like many other Web sites, Service Dog Academy.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Service Dog Academy.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.